Friday 2 January 2015

#2: 2k

Friday 2nd January
Run #2
Treadmill 2k

Just a treadmill quickie today, as a warm up before a 45min HIIT gym class (@HIITGymRich). Once upon a time I used to prefer the zone out of a treadmill, but these days I find it harder, in a totally different way, to running outdoors. This morning, on just a banana, and with a sacrificed lie-in still lingering in the back of my eyes, this short trot required more focus and concentration than I was expecting!

But one of the advantages to treadmill running is a certainty on pace. So today's 2k was done at 11kph (5.27 pace) on the treadmill. That started with a 9.09 min mile. Continued to 2k as I've always been a k runner and never I've never really considered miles previously (always sort of felt miles the realm of marathoners and ultra-distance dudes). So noting my minute miles here as is might be interesting to keep an eye on. Especially as I foresee a fair few days where little over a mile is all that'll get done!

parkrun tomorrow. Debating between trying to best a previous time at one of our regulars, or a foray to a new parkrun. Sense a bit of parkrun tourism may be on the cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment