Sunday 4 January 2015

A slow-ass 6k at 0 degrees

Sunday 4th January
Run #4
6k Richmond Park

I'd mentally set aside today for the New a Year task of clearing out my wardrobe. (Yup, I am that rock & roll) Given that I had this and a run to do today, it was hard to know what was the procrastination for what to be honest. In the end the wardrobe tackling got started first, while M was out on a long run and the flat was quiet.

But, come 3pm, I was drowning in jumble and happy for a change of scene. M was post-exertion napping and a quick check of the Met app suggested it was still zero degrees, 'feels like -1' so it seemed like a day to try out the funky ombré (neon pink to burgundy) compression leggings I got last year. Like trying to roll on a wetsuit lined with superglue, but cosy on the run and, I thought, fab with my hot pink zip-up running jacket and gloves (if a little showy amongst the abundance of forest green Christmas Barbour jackets and blacks coats)

The run itself was a 6k that I'd, in no way, want my running ability judged by. I stopped. A lot. Hands on knees with stomach cramps. But all-in-all refreshing and satisfying. In that often the runs I feel the best out of the back of are the ones I felt the worse going in to. And, end of the day, this process for me is all about just getting out there and getting ks under my feet, daily. Speeds and times can be a different goal at another time! So, day 4, run 4: done. Tomorrow, back to work and the 9-5 grind. Be interesting to see how the Run Streak will work round that.


Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment