Friday 6 February 2015

Runch Distracted by Blue Skies & Dogs


Friday 6th February
Run #37
6k Battersea Park Runch

Having taken a runch earlier this week and known that, really, it was a bit of a skivey 3.5k with a lot of photo stops, I thought I’d head back to Battersea and try and make myself run a bit more and stop a bit less today.

It was another bright sunny cold day and I felt pretty buoyant heading over Chelsea Bridge, stopping to snap a quick pic of the old Lister Hospital building, the red brick of which was glowing against the bluebird sky.

Once in the Park I decided to follow the path around the boating lake. Twisting left and right I more than once had to double back from a dead end though not paying enough attention to my feet and too much to the skeleton trees and flocking ducks. A clump of snowdrops clinging to a grassy knoll distracted me again, but only fleetingly and were a welcome reminder that Winter won’t last forever.

My plans to run right through were squashed when I encountered the multi-dog walkers. After checking it was OK to take a few photos I managed to acquire muddy dog paw prints on both leggings and jacket as I stopped to fuss the dogs who were more than happy to say hello.

I’d only planned to fit in a 5k but due to a few extra winds around the lake and maybe a twist in the wrong direction it ended up being 6k. Which deposited me exactly outside the door of Starbucks. A decaf Americano was a very welcome end to a pleasing lunchtime run.


No comments:

Post a Comment