Tuesday 10 February 2015

Running Towards the Night & Home

Tuesday 10th February
Run # 41
13.5k Road & River to Richmond from Victoria

So I finally bit the bullet and ran home for the first time this year. I did the work-home runcommute a few times last year. (Never home-work though you understand: never been quite that organised.) 


The first runcommute I ever did was in response to the tube strike, which crippled the London transport system, as they tend to do.


 Photo credit: independent.co.uk

And I'll be honest, at the time the 13 odd k felt a very long way and took a fair bit of psyching up to. Given that my long runs rarely exceeded 10k that wasn't very surprising.

What was surprising now, and nicely so, was how short this route felt tonight, relative to the chunkier distances I've been doing most Sundays. And nicer still was leaving the office in the light - a fairly recent novelty that crept up on me until I suddenly notice this Monday that I am both getting to, and leaving the office in the light. Spring is indeed on it's way.

What this meant was that I left in the light, and arrived in the night, dusk having been and gone on the run. Knowing this would be the case, rather than rabbit on about how the run was, I thought I'd let the pictures I took en route, tell 1000 words. Or maybe some anyway.

Run #41 - runcommute in pictures:




No comments:

Post a Comment